The programme has been designed to train graduate agronomists, biologists and biotechnologists in modern and sustainable integrated management of economically important pests affecting Mediterranean fruit and vegetable crops.
The programme is structured in 2 parts: the first part, the Master programme, is based on an intensive learning course and on the elaboration of an IPM project; the second part, the Master of Science programme (MSc), is dedicated to the acquisition of research methodologies and to the development of a scientific applied research work.
The main objective of the Master programme is to prepare experts able to apply and transfer the IPM approach by combining all appropriate and innovative techniques in a total management system and by minimizing the economic, health and environmental risks.
Students build capacity and develop skills in:
- basic IPM principles and methodologies;
- preventive IPM measures: plant quarantine, pest risk analysis, certified
- propagating material, resistant/tolerant cultivars or graft combinations,
- biodiversity protection;
- sustainable use of pesticides and relative regulations; applications of
- alternative non pesticidal management methods; food quality and safety;
- sound management of biotic and abiotic disorders of Mediterranean fruit
- and vegetable crops in pre and post-harvest.
- information technology applied in IPM programmes.
Two diploming courses are also organized in collaboration with the IPPC/FAO and the Middle East CropLife North Africa respectively, as integral part of the programme. Such courses are an opportunity for students to acquire a background information on plant quarantine, trade facilitation, International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs), guidance material on phytosanitary issues and also to acquire communication tools for transferring the IPM knowledge in the framework of extension programmes.
Phone 080 6978224 - 080 6978204
Fax. 080 4577950
Direzione amministrativa S.S. 100 Km 18 70010 Casamassima (BA)
Direzione generale S.P. Andria - Trani Km. 1.500 76125 Trani (BAT)
Per ricevere tutte le novità e le info sui nostri corsi post universitari, iscriviti alla nostra newsletter