The Master of Science Programme in "Land and Water Resources Management: Irrigated agriculture" provides a curriculum for graduates holding the title of agricultural or hydraulic engineers. The main objective of the Programme is to enhance the scientific knowledge and technological know-how of the candidates in water saving and land conservation issues especially in Mediterranean environments.
The major topics are related to the following thematic areas:
- Water use efficiency and water productivity;
- On-farm irrigation systems performance;
- Large-scale irrigation systems performance and new technologies;
- Use of non-conventional water resources in agriculture;
- Integration and upscale of the above issues at the basin level;
- Sustainable use and management of Mediterranean soils;
- Economic aspects of Mediterranean agriculture.
Most of the above said topics take into account the impact of climate variability. In a rigorous scientific framework, works are targeted to innovatory solutions that are feasible in the integrated land and water system they are designed for. The Programme is carried out by MAIB staff and LUM staff in collaboration with national and international Institutions and Universities from Europe, Middle East, North Africa and the U.S.A.
Phone 080 6978259- 080 6978267
Fax. 080 4577950
Direzione amministrativa S.S. 100 Km 18 70010 Casamassima (BA)
Direzione generale S.P. Andria - Trani Km. 1.500 76125 Trani (BAT)
Per ricevere tutte le novità e le info sui nostri corsi post universitari, iscriviti alla nostra newsletter